We are hiring Festival Assistants for the ŻiguŻajg Festival
15th – 24th November 2019
Deadline for application: Thursday 25th July 2019
Overall Purpose of Position
To assist in the daily entertainment and administration of the Festival. The Festival Assistants will be responsible for providing assistance at different ŻiguŻajg Festival venues across Valletta. We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic and committed personnel with a desire to experience an exciting and dynamic festival environment.
Applicants need to be:
- Knowledgeable in Maltese and/or English (both written and spoken);
- Must be 16 years of age or older by November 2019;
- Ability to communicate ideas to an audience of different ages;
- Demonstration of self-discipline, patience and the ability to work with others;
- Creative and outgoing;
- Valid VAT Number (this can be applied for once and if engagement is confirmed)
- Clean police conduct.
Duties include, but are not limited to assisting the Festival Staff in:
- Assisting guests with performance bookings and re-confirmations;
- Greeting guests and checking their tickets at the door;
- Queuing management both for admittance to the venue and specific events;
- Providing information and assistance to the public;
- Anticipating guest needs, handling guest requirements and solving problems;
- Creating a positive Festival image in every interaction with guests;
- Closing shows and liaising with the Front of House Officer;
- Tracing relevant statistics about clientele;
- Providing feedback from guests to the Front of House Officer for action;
- Ensuring that a high level of customer service is maintained;
- Being responsive and aware to the needs of visitors and colleagues;
- Accompanying and assisting the participants in their day-to-day activities.
Assistants will be expected to:
- Attend an induction session which will provide them with the skills needed to carry out their duties during the Festival;
- Familiarise themselves with the ŻiguŻajg Festival programme of events to be able to give advice and recommendations to participants and guests in line with their needs;
- Adhere to the Festival brand standards;
- Ensure that their appearance, uniform and personal cleanliness are maintained to a professional standard.
The role requires a great sense of teamwork through:
- Demonstrating cooperation and trust with colleagues;
- Communicating well to ensure effective handovers;
- Being open to new ideas by adapting to changes in tasks and routines as required.
Assistants will also be expected to demonstrate a sense of commitment:
The selected support personnel will be asked to commit to the work schedule communicated to them between the 15th and 24th November 2019, according to the availability that they will be asked to provide. Shifts, of a maximum of 4 hours, will vary in length/tasks and may include morning, afternoon, evenings, weekends and public holidays.
All assistants for the Festival are to register their arrival and departure to/from the events by means of writing and signing their volunteering hours in the logbook, as determined by management.
Please complete the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM by no later than Thursday 25th July 2019.
For further details and/or any queries, please e-mail