What We Do
ŻiguŻajg International Arts Festival for Children & Young People is the only festival in Malta specifically aimed at children & young people, presenting an enticing programme of internationally acclaimed productions and new commissioned work, annually.
Since its inception in 2011, the 10-day festival programme of ŻiguŻajg has grown from strength to strength to become a cornerstone of the cultural calendar both in Malta and internationally.
In 2019, in collaboration with Spazju Kreattiv, ŻiguŻajg is launching a full season of activities of high artistic excellence, aimed at schools, children and their families.
In 2018 the Festival registered over 21,000 attendees, of which 8,200 were school students from 45 different schools in Malta and Gozo. We presented a programme consisting of 27 projects and 147 shows by 159 international and local artists – a total of 11 different countries in 18 different venues around Malta and Gozo. We also hosted 2 delegate programmes with 15 international delegates.
ŻiguŻajg is organised by Fondazzjoni Kreattività, a catalyst for the contemporary art scene in Malta.
Our vision is to position the creative arts for children and young people at the core of Malta’s creative ecology. We do this by:
- Presenting an annual programme of high-artistic excellence that celebrates creativity and diversity in the arts;
- Nurturing audience development and active participation through our practices;
- Providing professional development opportunities for artists seeking to work in the sector;
- Developing a national repertoire of creative work for children and young people;
- Championing social inclusion and accessibility in the creative industry;
- Establishing international networks and collaborations with strategic partners.